Under God the People Rule
South Dakota was the 40th State to join the Union on November 2nd 1889.
South Dakota Offers: Amendments, Statutes, Referenda, Local I&R, Recalls and Nominations.
- Amendments: 10% of the voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Statutes and Referenda: 5% of the voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election.
- Recall – 15% of the voters in the municipality.
- Nomination – U.S. House and U.S. Senate – 1% of the voters who voted in the last Gubernatorial election. Governor: 1% for Independents, 2.5% for new party candidates.
- Local I&R – 5% of the registered voters in the municipality.
- Deadlines: Statewide measures – 1-2 years, Local I&R – 6 months, Recalls – 60 days.
Article III of the South Dakota Constitution gives citizens the right to Initiative and Referenda
The following three websites provide the most current information about your state’s ballot proposal news.
More updates will be available in the near future.
We are looking for content creators. Join us and participate in our forum or contact admin directly for suggestions and contributions.
Future contributions will include: legislation, up to date state news, state group links, action items and more.
RIPAC is the first to unite all ballot proposal coverage websites and to let people self-organize to create a digitally connected critical mass that can qualify ballot propositions effortlessly. This method will forever change the political landscape, ensuring people have access to a legitimate and functional 4th system of checks and balances. Connect with us on various social media, add your email to our newsletter list and become a member to participate in the forums and the exclusive issue specific groups for your State.